Wednesday, April 7, 2021

ADDISON RAE WEARS DAD’S CLOSET , 2021's Version to '80's Unisex, Quarantine Cozy Fleeces.

 By Laura Medina

Founded and Designed by Celebrity Stylist to Demi Lovato, Charlotte Lawrence and Addison Rae, Siena Montesano, in April 2021, Dad’s Closet is a Lifestyle brand to be worn in comfort and style, day-to-night. Launched with four unisex SKUs of sweatpants and sweatshirts, the pieces retail between $150 - $175 and are immediately available only on the brand’s e-commerce channels, www.dadsclosetus.com/@dadscloset.us

For this Gen-X scribe, who formed fashion sense during the unisex Eighties, these comfortable, retro sweats are adjustable for 2021's quarantine lifestyle and the sharing budget for couples, whichever they may be...Share and share alike....

Dad's Closet is an ode to Montesano’s dad, Gene, the Founder and former CEO and Creative Director of Lucky BrandDad’s Closet will feature limited edition drops happening every 3 months, offering complementary styles, colors and prints to the previous drops, enabling people to build an entire wardrobe of Dad’s Closet over time. The launch features a Unisex Chinese Horoscope/ Original Newspaper Print and an Electric Green Clover set. 

 

All pieces are made in Los Angeles, CA.

 

Inspiration Behind Dad’s Closet - 

"Growing up, I spent a lot of time in the factories of Lucky Brand with my dad (Founder Gene Montesano). I knew from a very early age that I wanted to work in fashion and be a designer like my dad. He’s been my biggest inspiration, I’ve learned so much from him over the years; he’s the first person I call when I wrap a long workday, or need advice and support. 

 

As a stylist, I get asked where I buy my clothes from a lot. And my honest answer, it’s from my dad's closet... most of the time. I’ve been stealing art and garments from my dad my whole life. I grew up with a strong Chinese mother and grandmother, probably two of the fiercest women I know. I’ve always loved Asian culture and had a strong sense of pride being half Chinese. I’m so thankful to have had such a strong sense of Chinese art and culture through my parents. As I build out my collection, I think you will see my strong ties in men’s silhouettes with a touch of Chinese inspired edge.”

 - Siena Montesano (Founder + Creative Director, Dad’s Closet)

No comments: