Thursday, May 2, 2013

Young Hollywood Excited about Stacey Jackson and Britweek!





By Laura Medina

Stacey Jackson, the woman herself.

Young Hollywood turned out for the UK's hottest artist burning up the dance charts over there.  

One of the hottest concerts during Britweek, mom and dance music songstress, Stacey Jackson.  This isn't just about celebrating what is the best and the brightest in British talent; and it's not just the official debut of Stacey's latest release, "Live It Up," but also a fundraiser for Breast Cancer Charities of America.

For Stacey, raising funds at her album release party means a lot for her.  She's doing it for her mom, "You know this is a very personal performance for me.  My mom has been going through it currently.  It’s been quite a crappy time honestly.  But, we’re pulling through it."


Excited and psyched up for her performance, Stacey felt honored to be included in Britweek,

"They really embraced me. I lived there for 13 years.  That’s where I first debuted my dance music. I’m feeling great."

Soaking up the great Los Angeleno weather, "I’m loving LA. What not to love? I mean I live in England.  The one thing about England is the weather.  That’s one thing I have to complain about. Other than that, I’m very happy to be a part of Britweek."      

You can watch her red carpet interview here,  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GI34TkSg5I0.



For Irish/UK actress, Samantha Mumba, any Britweek event...especially a concert is always a good excuse for her and her English friends to come and hang out together.

She's excited about hearing a new artist like Stacey. 

As for supporting breast cancer research, Samantha thinks it's cool to support cancer charities.

LA? After living here for eight years, she calls it home.

Listen and watch at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjtOlKvPLm0


From an English actor's perspective, "Argo/NCIS/Mistreses/CSI:NY" Tehmina Sunny's take in Britweek, "Being British, I’m just very, very happy that we do it because there are so many of us Brits that are out here so it’s very important that we congregate and celebrate being here."  

She's using Stacey Jackson's "Live It Up" album launch as an excuse to take a break from work and go out. "Excited because I haven’t been to any concerts in a long time.  It’s always nice to change things up."

Tehmina finds Stacey inspiring, "Awesome.  When you see someone succeeding, you realized that takes a lot of hard work. I find her inspiring. Well done to her."

 For her, the sun always shine here in LA.

To watch and hear more of this lovely lady, go to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAsD3grjBMw




Several American talents such as Mohammad Molaei, Ashley Palmer, and Andrew James Allen, even they're thrilled to hear new dance music in an intimate, cool setting, they all say coming out for a cancer fundraiser hits home for them, affecting their families in different ways.

Ashley Palmer, "I’m excited to be here.  I’ve been working really hard.  This is my first time out.  It’s a great cause because I have family members who have cancer so this is very near and dear to my heart and I’m excited to see Stacey."  To see more of her red carpet interview, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qmmvImPq0A

Andrew James Allen, "I think it’s great. I think it’s a great cause.  My family has been affected by it on several occasions. My aunt. My cousin.  So, I came out for support for that, you know.  I think it’s a great detriment to society and I hope the cure isn’t far away."  He admits hitting the Britweek party circuit was a ton of fun but this cancer fundraiser takes precedence for him.  To hear his take, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWku-nKOons

For a singer like Mohammad, he thinks partcipating in Britweek was fun but right now, he's focusing on his upcoming showcase in July.  He's working on his third song about the children of Africa.  To learn more about his latest work, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0zKJKr2Rds



No comments: