Monday, April 26, 2010

Rocco Gaglioti of Fashion News Live picks the best of LA Fashion Weekend

By Laura Medina
The host and Executive Producer of Fashion News Live, Rocco Gaglioti, has worked and lived in the world's fashion capitals as a model and photographer then translated that experience in a jet-setting but in-depth tv news show spotlighting trend-breaking runway shows and interviewing designers. Once in awhile, joking it up with celebrities on the red carpet.
As a respected fashion journalist and the style expert for the Dr. Phil show, he was kind enough to offer, out of his busy schedule, the best picks of LA Fashion Weekend at Sunset Gower Studios.
Here are the highlights from his show he was sweet enough to share with The Arriviste.
Rocco interviewing Civil Society Clothing's designer, Brad Schwartz.
Rocco asks Civil Society Clothing's designer, Brad Schwartz, how he feels about his runway show being presented at Sunset Gower...
Brad Schwartz of Civil Society Clothing: "I’m really excited. It feels amazing. I put a lot of work into it to make this happen. It’s not just me. I have a fanastastic team behind me. I’m also looking forward to getting this thing over with because it’s been a weight on my head for quite a bit. It’s been keeping me up at night for a bit. I feel really blessed and privileged to be here."

Rocco: "Now, tell me about the brand. I really want to know the fabrics that you used this season."

Brad: "The brand is straight up for every guy. It’s not demographic specific. It’s not genre specific. There are guys who are rock n’ rollers who love it. There are guys are in hip hop who love it. There are guys who are preppy who love it. As far as fabrications goes, we do really simple, interesting organic fabrics and some really complex, cool synthetic things as well.
I’m wearing a cotton nylon stainless steel."

Rocco: "There’s even a stainless steel stitch. When you move it with the light, you can see it."

Division E's Victoria Benmoshe talking with Rocco.
Victoria of Division E: "Yes, I'm nervous. I'm excited. I'm anxious. Get to get it done already."
Rocco: "I want to know your inspiration this season , the color palette."
Victoria of Division E: "We’re showing Fall right now so the inspiration is warm, dark, mysterious. A lot of black, gray tones, dark to light. A hint of color. Plum. Soft blue. But keeps it really, really subtle, monotone, and deep. "

Victoria with her children.

Victoria: "For inspiration, from daily life. Getting frustrated from the lack of really awesome clothes to wear. So actually, I create stuff that I want to wear. Because I’m a business woman. I’m a mother. I like to be sexy. I like to comfortable. There’s really not a lot out there. Something I can dress up and go out in."

Division E's chic, edgy but easy separates for the hip, busy woman on the go.

Victoria:"I am the customer. I design for myself. I created Division E for me. "

Rocco chatting with Beautiful White Trash's Nikki Lund.

The majority of designers may had been dealing with the case of the willie nellies and jitters but not Beautiful White Trash's Nikki Lund. She's thrilled.
Nikki Lund: "She’s not nervous but excited."
Not so trashy Beautiful White Trash ensemble.

Nikki Lund: "3 different tiers for 3 different types of women. Everyone has that playful, silly but sexy degree of White Trash Beauty in them. Inspiration-strength of a woman. Love Black. For Fall 2010, black is the new black. Geometric shapes. Strong Suiting for Women. Interpretation of men’s clothings. Lost of materials. Zippers. Hardware with soft silhouette. Juxtaposition of the soft and the hard."


"Twilight"s Nikki Reed, astonished they both speak Greek and how she escapes to the south of Greece to chill out away from the public's glare and fame.

It's not all fashion all the time, Rocco jokes it up with "The Girls Next Door" Bridget Marquardt and manages to get the scoop on her limited edition of jewelry she's going release next month in May.

Rocco, The Arriviste, wants to thank you for lending a helping and informative hand in recapping the hits out of LA Fashion Weekend at Sunset Gower.

If you want to watch this dashing man getting to know industry heavy hitters in NY and LA, watch him at Fashion News Live.












No comments: