By Laura Medina
Just in time for entertaining friends and their friends, Barefoot Wines debut their new Barefoot Refresh Spritzers, their version of a wine cooler.
Barefoot Refresh are vibrant, light-bodied spritzers in a can. Available nationwide this summer in Crisp White and Summer Red Spritzers.
Crisp White SpritzerFeaturing aromas of peach, lemon-lime, and crisp apple. Chenin Blanc and Riesling wine make a perfect pair in this standout canned sipper.
Summer Red SpritzerFeaturing aromas of raspberries, oranges and ripe berries right in the can. Moscato, Zinfandel and Pinot Noir join forces to make one deliciously fruity spritzer.
They even have Rose in a can...
"This is such an exciting moment for us here at Barefoot, and also for wine fans across the country," said Jen Wall, winemaker for Barefoot Wine & Bubbly. "It's all about making Barefoot convenient. We took this 'step' to give folks summer in a can at any time of year and to take away some of the barriers for enjoying wine when and where people want."
The sleek, fit-in-your-hand, 8.4-ounce cans are able to go many places where wine bottles and glass aren't always welcome. The cans pack easily into coolers and ice chests, and are ideal for poolside, the beach, barbecues and any kickback place when the weather is warm or when you want a taste of summer.
"One of our missions at Barefoot is to make the everyday more fun and to make life, and wine, less serious," said Wall. "I genuinely believe people around the country will love our Refresh Spritzers in cans and they'll love all the places they can take them."
Affordably priced at a suggested retail price of $8.99 for a four-pack or $2.49 for singles, Barefoot Refresh Spritzers in cans are now available at CVS, Ralphs, and retailers nationwide.
Yeah You Can...that's the motto of the Summer.
You can ask your talented, musical or tech-savy kids to provide entertainment, by playing live music or play DJ.
Go ahead and support your local "Mom & Pop" local economy by hiring them for catering or ordering a big batch pf barbecue for your backyard bash.
A delicious and light dish that is easy to make and TOEtally tasty!
Featuring: Pinot Grigio
Servings: 5 Prep Time: 5 to 15 mins Cook Time: 2+ hrs
- 1 lb Salmon, cut into small cubes
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup Barefoot Pinot Grigio
- 4 tsp rice vinegar
- 1 tsp of salt
- 4 bay leaves
- 1 tsp of thyme
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 5 tsp chives, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- Marinate salmon with the lemon juice, vinegar, Barefoot Pinot Grigio, salt, bay leaf, thyme, and garlic powder and let it sit over night.
- Before serving, add the chives, pour the olive oil and stir well
Mini Meatballs in Barefoot Pinot Noir Sauce
These Mini Meatballs in Barefoot Pinot Noir sauce are a crowd-pleaser no matter what type of event you’re hosting and are equally delicious served for dinner with some crusty French bread and veggies.
Featuring: Pinot Noir
Servings: 6+ Prep Time: 5 to 15 mins Cook Time: 5 to 15 mins
- 1 lb ground beef, about 15% lean
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/3 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 shallot, minced
- ¼ tsp pepper
- ½ minced shallot
- ¾ cup Barefoot Pinot Noir
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1 ½ tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp grape jelly
- 1 tbsp butter
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray a large casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- Combine the ground beef, minced shallot, salt, pepper, milk and breadcrumbs together in a large bowl. Mix well until completely combined. Form small meatballs out of the beef mixture and place in the casserole dish. Bake for 20 minutes or until meatballs
- While the meatballs are cooking, make the sauce.
- Combine the Pinot Noir Barefoot Wine, water, cornstarch and half a minced shallot in a large pan over medium high heat. Bring to a simmer and continue simmering for about 10-15 minutes.
- Add the grape jelly and Worcestershire sauce to the wine mixture. Stir well. Finally, add the butter to the sauce and stir to combine and melt. Continue simmering the sauce for about six to eight minutes, or until sauce thickens greatly.
- Pour sauce over cooked meatballs and serve.
Spicy Thai Lettuce Wraps
This cool and easy recipe is fun to enjoy as an appetizer or for a light Springtime meal!
- 1 pound ground beef
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon Barefoot Riesling
- ½ cup peanut sauce
- 1 cucumber, peeled, cored, and finely diced
- 1 head of lettuce that has easy, "wrappable" leaves such as Butterleaf, Boston, or Romaine (washed with leaves separate)
- chopped peanuts for garnish
- Warm olive oil in skillet and brown the ground beef along with onion and garlic. Remove from heat.
- In a separate small pot over low heat, combine peanut sauce, Barefoot Riesling, and diced cucumber taking care to keep heat low and even.
- Spoon ground beef onto prepared lettuce leaves; drizzle with peanut sauce mixture; and sprinkle with chopped peanuts.
- Serve and enjoy with Barefoot Riesling.
Barefoot Moscato Blueberry Pops
Who doesn't love a posicle? Try these Barefoot Moscato Blueberry Pops!
Servings: 4 Prep Time: 5 to 15 mins Cook Time: 2+ hrs
- 1 1/2 cup Barefoot Moscato
- 1 cup Blueberries
- 1 cup Blackberries
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Juice of one lime wedge
- Extra Moscato if you want a striped popsicle
- Combine the ingredients into a blender and blend until completely smooth.
- To freeze these in layers, pour Moscato 1/4 of the way full and let it freeze for an hour.
- Then pour the berry mix 1/4 full and freeze for another hour.
- Repeat two more times and then let them freeze overnight.
You don't need a standing-mixer or a vat of liquid nitrogen to set an ice cream bar. Just buy those family-sized gallon-sized buckets of ice cream or/and frozen yogurt at Costco, in cool, funky flavors then set up a mix-in buffet of cereals, mini candies, and berries on your dining table, inside your air-conditioned home. Perhaps, bowls and spoons and cones for folks to mix, assemble, then take outside.
Instead of hiring a special effects tattoo artists, find some temporary tattoos in cool designs that can be applied wet then rinsed off later. Kids love this!
Expect more from Barefoot Wines' Refresh Spritzer's BBQ Pool Party for more 4th of July party ideas...and from Cointreau's refined garden party for art organizations throwing fund-raising soirees.