By Laura Medina
Doing any type of Awards Week or any Awards Season is endurance race unto itself.
With the additional stress to appear "perfect" on millions of tv sets around the world, can make a person exhausted, weary, break-out, and the weight fluctuate in two days time.
What any guest, attendee, presenter, and nominee need are healthy snacks to get and keep them going and going busting through rounds of parties, press conferences, and style suites, trying on gowns and suits.
These award-worthy snacks are so portable that they can do double-duty during neck-breaking New York/London/Paris/Milan Fashion Week, ok L.A. Fashion Week.
An grown-up take on M&Ms, Energems are caffeine/B-Vitamins packed bits of candy-coated chocolates that are easy to pack in pockets and purses, http://energems.net/ One box equals three cups of coffee, no spillage.
Real McCoy Chips and Rice Puffs in rich Cheddar makes you forget about cheese and potato chips, http://www.realmccoysnax.com/products/
Electrolytes-enriched Coco Libre Coconut Water in pineapple keeps people hydrated and recharged; and it's an easy chug alternative to soda, http://www.cocolibreorganic.com/index.html
Decadent but protein-power packed Pacific Beach Peanut Butter in Toffee with real toffee bits are an indulgent way to breakfast, like topping it on toast or waffles or straight-out-of-jar snack, https://www.pbpeanutbutter.com/products.html
As a faithful reader of "The Arriviste," you'll recognize that the Golden Globe Awards dishes are heavy on the seafood, specifically fish.
Here's a flavorful and light-weight way to satisfy you without sacrificing your waist and skin, use White Girl Salsa as a seafood marinade to keep yummy and low-fat, even fat-free so you can slip into your evening gown, http://www.whitegirlsalsa.com/products/
Here's a recipe for HONEY GLAZED SCALLOPS WITH CRANBERRY-MANGO SALSA by Sheila Paxton
- 1 cup White Girl Salsa: Cranberry-Mango
- 1 teaspoon minced peeled fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 16 large sea scallops
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Fresh cilantro leaves
- Whisk soy sauce, sesame oil and minced ginger in a medium bowl to blend. Add scallops and stir to coat. Let stand 30 minutes at room temperature, turning occasionally.
- Heat barbecue to medium high. Whisk honey and lime juice in another small bowl. Thread 4 scallops on each of 4 metal skewers. If the scallops are really big, you might not need the skewers. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Grill scallops until just opaque in the center, brushing occasionally with the honey-lime glaze. Allow about 2 minutes per side.
- Spoon ¼ cup salsa on each plate and top with 4 scallops each.
Another sauce/marinade making the rounds is SAAS Hot Sauce, the southern staple made its Hollywood at GBK Golden Globe Suite.
To raise up the metabolism...a bit...and cut down the guilt on snacking on the sweet, you can dip SAAS Hot Sauce in Onion & Garlic can balance out the sweetness in pineapple, watermelon, honeydew, and cantaloupe.
Snacking like the stars.