Thursday, October 18, 2012

Stacy London, Personably Yours, for Westfield Malls

By Laura Medina

The Scribe & Stacy London.

During her Los Angeles tour of Westfield Malls in Culver City, Stacy London sat down with The Arriviste and chatted about style in South California.

Since she is known as the uber-Manhattanite, it'll be interesting to see and hear what will her style be in the sunny So Cal. So, here's the chat...

Asked how her style will be different if she was born and raised in Southern California,...

"I'll probably wear boardshorts.  No, I'm kidding.  I don't know.  I don't know what my style will be like if I live here.  I think in general, California style tends to be more relaxed and laid-back.  I do believe that climate does have something to do with culture."

"The fact that it's beautiful weather all the time; and you don't have season here the way we do, like the extremes of the season like we do in the East Coast. It does dictate the environment because here you have a sunny beachy culture."

During and through-out the interview, this was not "Not What to Wear" at all.  Live in person, Stacy was accomodating and accepting and open to new experiences, new ideas, and new people. 

She even asked this scribe to jump right in and have her photo taken with this scribe, very welcoming.




On being asked what style advice she'll give to New York-to-Los Angeles transplants (very typical here in LA), Stacy reveals she's pretty open-minded to how they'll adapt...

On why they move to LA, Stacy jokingly commented, "Because they don't want to be depressed for half of the year!  I don't blame them!"

In between the giggles, back to the question of how New Yorkers adapt to the change,...

"Again, it's hard for me to say.  I see a lot of people in fur, faux fur because it's a look that they like.  I think a climate should dictate your fashion.  I think if you're looking for cultural description, in being very general,  it tends to lend towards more of a laid back style."

"If you're a transplant, you still have to figure it out for yourself.  What's your comfort level is.  Whether you want to retain to your seasonal look or adapt to a more laid back style, it is up to the individual." 


Since she's been in Southern California or "So Cal," Stacy lists her favorite things here...

"I love L.A.  I can't and still can't drive but I love the city.  I love 3rd Street (in the Mid-Wilshire, border line area of  Beverly Hills and West Hollywood where the Beverly Center Mall is located).  I'm a big Satine fan.  I mean to steal away and do some shopping over there.  I love Ten Over Six (in Melrose Place). I love Joan on Third for the cupcakes and cookies"

This scribe personally recommended that she tries Joan on the Third's Meringue-Nougat Cake, three layers of goodness.  She was impressed by So Cal taste.

Soon after, Stacy couldn't be happier than to jump right in and greet her fans who had been standing in line for hours.  No wonder she's a successful stylist.  She really shines meeting and greeting her fans and totally welcoming and accepting.  You can feel her "personal touch" in her presence.

Stacy loves L.A.!


No comments: