By Laura Medina
MTV'S/VH1'S VMAs has always been the tween to teens to early twenties demographic, the vanguards of change.
Last night's VMAs pay homage to it's history, from Madonna's "Like A Virgin" bridal gown to today's Taylor Swift's snake.
Honoring our Moonman legacy, the 2017 VMAs will give people the rare chance to witness the unexpected. Ignited by music and performance, the VMAs can change culture in a single moment.
To bring this vision to our audience ahead of this year's show, we worked with acclaimed director Floria Sigismondi (best known for directing music videos for Justin Timberlake, Rihanna, etc.) to create a campaign video reflecting iconic moments from VMA history and paying tribute to MTV's Moonman identity.
For last night’s MTV Video Music Awards, Vanessa Hudgens’ hair made a slick-back but voluminous statement.
Inspiration: Chad Wood’s inspiration for the sleek and chic style was to play off the texture in Vanessa’s dress.
Step by step to recreate this look:
1. Start with wet hair and apply John Frieda Luxurious Volume Root Booster Blow Dry Lotion
2. Then, blow dry the hair straight and back – styling each section away from the face and helping create extra volume at the crown
3. Next, section off the hair and starting at the nape, flat iron the hair 1” sections at a time and spray each section with John Frieda Luxurious Volume Forever Full Hairspray
4. To give the hair a polished wet look like Vanessa’s, apply John Frieda Frizz Ease Secret Weapon Touch-up Crème
5. Finally, spray John Frieda Luxurious Volume Forever Full Hairspray to lock in the style